Monday, January 4, 2016

A Tradition?

I had completely forgotten about the Geneameme I posted for 2012, 2013 and 2014  until I came across this post from Copper Leaf Genealogy in which she used my Accentuate the Positive Geneameme to reflect on her progress.

When something has been running for three years it's nearly a tradition - four years in a row should make it one. In the hope that some of you will find this a useful instrument to reflect on your past year's achievements I am sharing below my post from last year. You can see last years's responses here

If you participate feel free to use this image.
**************
Let's do it again!

In 2012 and 2013 I invited other family historians to take part in an Accentuate the Positive Geneameme because I felt that a lot of my geneablogging friends were too hard on themselves. Quite often  they lament that haven't achieved as much as they set out to do or that they haven't blogged with the frequency they envisaged.


Yesterday I read a post from Alona Tester that mentioned those geneamemes and that prompted me to run it again. Thanks, Alona.


Accentuate the Positive Geneameme 2014 2015


I invite you to take part in this activity by responding to the following statements/questions in a blog post. Write as much or as little as you want or just answer a few questions.


Once you have done so please share your post's link in a comment on this post or to me via email to Jillballau@gmail.com. I will, in due course post a list of links to your contributions on this blog.

Remember to accentuate the positive 

(Please delete the items that are not relevant to your situation.)

1.  An elusive ancestor I found was

2.  A precious family photo I found was

3.  An ancestor's grave I found was

4.  An important vital record I found was

5.  A newly found family member shared

6.  A geneasurprise I received was

7.   My 2014 2015 blog post that I was particularly proud of was

8.   My 2014 2015 blog post that received a large number of hits or comments was

9.  A new piece of software I mastered was

10. A social media tool I enjoyed using for genealogy was

11. A genealogy conference/seminar/webinar from which I learnt something new was

12. I am proud of the presentation I gave at/to

13. A journal/magazine article I had published was

14. I taught a friend how to

15. A genealogy book that taught me something new was

16. A great repository/archive/library I visited was

17. A new genealogy/history book I enjoyed was

18. It was exciting to finally meet

19. A geneadventure I enjoyed was

20. Another positive I would like to share is ...

7 comments:

Alex Daw said...

I'm in! I love a tradition!

Linda Stufflebean said...

Hi Jill, Here is my 2015 list for Accentuate the Positive: http://emptybranchesonthefamilytree.com/2016/01/accentuate-the-positive-geneameme-2015/ Thank you for sharing this idea.

Campaspe Library said...

I love this tradition too! here is the link to my response - http://campaspegenealogy.blogspot.com.au/2016/01/accentuate-positive-geneameme-2015.html
Thanks for keeping this up Jill - sometimes we need the reminder to pause and look back at the positives we have achieved.

GeniAus said...

Thanks Ladies - a compilation (and my contribution) will appear in coming days.

Sharon said...

Thank you for the second prompt I would not have participated :)


http://shazlex.blogspot.com.au/2016/01/geneameme-accentuate-positive.html

Bribie Family History Association said...

Thanks for the reminder Jill - will get to it in the next day or so

Pam Carter said...

I love this, Jill! I did it last year for the first time. Here is my contribution for this year. http://mymaineancestry.blogspot.com/2016/01/accentuate-positive-celebrating-2015.html

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...