Thursday, May 18, 2017

The Cat's out of the Bag - #congress_2018

When I was introduced prior to giving my talk at The Society of Australian Genealogists today the person who introduced me announced to the attendees that I would be presenting two sessions at the 15th Australasian Congress on Genealogy and Heraldry (known as Congress in the geniworld downunder).



I thought we were not supposed to spill the beans until May 31st but I was given the nod to share news of my participation. I am so excited to be part of this event that is being held in our beautiful city of Sydney. I am keen to show my genimates our town and to meet up with folk who are Congress novices.

My presentation proposals that were accepted are:

1. Beaut Blogs: Ideas for Tarting up your Geneablogs
2. Managing Frugally: Free Tools for Genies and Family History Groups

I have ideas for these topics but am interested in hearing if you have suggestions of any must be included ideas or tools I should include in my presentations.

I heard at the Society today that there is one more keynote to be announced later this week - I wonder who it will be? An Englishman, An American? An Aussie? Girl or Boy?

The remainder of the presenters have been been notified but I have only heard so far that Shauna Hicks is on the program. I can't wait to see who else will be presenting.

Will I be seeing you at Congress? Earlybird Registrations open on May 31st - watch the Congress website for details.

11 comments:

Shelley said...

I'll be there!

Fiona Tellesson said...

Excellent news Jill!

Cassmob (Pauleen) said...

The cat is indeed out of the bag...great news! I'm looking forward to Congress...it will come around very quickly.

Fiona said...

Woo hoo...Looking forward to hearing you speak. I'll be the one giving the presentation on the "Time Travelling Genealogist".

Anonymous said...

Great. 2 talks that will interest me. Congratulations.
Canva is great for both talks. I use the paid one as I have it for work however the free version is great too. Many great features like images for $1. Saves hours hunting for ones with the correct copyright and cheaper than a coffee. I only use my photoshop for big batch jobs and more complicated things now. A bit annoying that RootsTech is later now as they are close together and it mucks up my usual after RootsTech travels.

GeniAus said...

Look forward to meeting you Fiona.

crgalvin said...

Sounds great, I'll be there. If you've not already seen Joshua Pomeroy's stuff on designing in Drive, it is worth a look, images, newsletters etc

GeniAus said...

Thanks Carmel and Fran. I'm now wondering if I bit off more than I can chew!

GeniAus said...

Subscribed to Joshua's Youtube Channel - thanks Carmel.

Unknown said...

Congratulations Jill

Crissouli said...

I have included your blog in GENERAL INTEREST or INTERESTING BLOGS in FRIDAY FOSSICKING at

http://thatmomentintime-crissouli.blogspot.com/2017/05/friday-fossicking-26th-may-2017.html

Thanks, Chris

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...