Sunday, March 20, 2016

A Bulky Letter

Mr GeniAus loves emptying the letterbox to see what surprises it has in store for him. Being a good person he does not open mail addressed to me but sometimes he is curious as to the contents. Friday's delivery brought a delightful surprise in an envelope that contained something solid and that had a return address we didn't recognise. Our curiosity was piqued so I opened it as soon as he gave it me.

Those who know me well know that I am fond of bling, both real bling  and geneabling.

A note in the envelope said "Found this just after you became a "Rockstar" so I thought it could go with your Genie Beads! I hadn't got it away before you went to Rootstech so held on to it!

I am thrilled that Chez popped the letter in the post. She is one thoughtful genimate.

The Package
Bling revealed
Now my issue is - When do I wear my new bling? Most genies I meet in Australia haven't heard of the Annual Genealogy Rockstar Awards organised by John D Reid from Canada. I am currently the Superstar Rockstar Genealogist for Australia and New Zealand but know that as I am unknown outside the realm of those genies who use social media, the awards are not on the radar of most genies downunder.

In case you don't know who your Australian Rocktstars are you can see them listed here: http://anglo-celtic-connections.blogspot.com.au/2015/09/australianew-zealand-top-ten.html. I am in stellar company.

Thanks once again to Chez, I got such a buzz from receiving your surprise in the mail. 

1 comment:

Crissouli said...

That is great, Jill... wear it with pride...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...