Saturday, June 24, 2017

A New Badge on the Blog

When Alan Phillips' invitation to be an Ambassador for  Researching Abroad: Finding British Isles and European Ancestors, a series of Unlock the Past events, I had no hesitation in accepting.

For the next few weeks this badge will appear on my blo
I had every intention of attending this event and was going to share my enthusiasm anyway. I love to support the events Unlock the Past host for the geneacommunity downunder. UTP is the only commercial organisation that regularly organises events that bring overseas genealogy speakers we would not otherwise hear downunder. A bonus is that the costs of these events are quite reasonable.

I will be attending the Sydney gig at Parramatta (did you know you can get there by bus or train from Hornsby way over on the other side of town?). I love these events because they fire up my enthusiasm and educate and enlighten me. They also provide an opportunity to catch up with my distant genimates.

I am probably one of a handful of Australians who has met both Dirk and Chris, the headliners at this event. They are both enthusiastic chaps who are passionate about genealogy in their geographical areas..

The hashtag for this event is #utproadshow17.

Disclosure: As compensation for my Ambassadorial duties I receive complimentary entry to the Researching Abroad: Finding British Isles and European Ancestors in Sydney.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...