Friday, December 27, 2013

Accentuate the Positive 2013 Geneameme

Twelve months ago I published this geneameme and received several responses plus positive feedback about the activity so I am challenging you to take stock of the current year and share your good news once again. Here is what I posted last year.


At this time of year many geneabloggers take stock of what they have achieved or not achieved in the previous twelve months and set themselves goals for the coming year. I have been reading several of these posts this week.

I feel that a lot of my geneablogging friends are too hard on themselves; several have reported on their successes this year but quite a number have lamented that they haven't achieved as much as they set out to do or that they haven't blogged with the frequency they envisaged.

You are a bunch of highly motivated people who have made great strides in the genealogy sphere. Let's share the good news.

Accentuate the Positive 2013 Geneameme

On a whim this morning I decided to throw together a Geneameme in which you can share the positive results of your Genea Activities in 2012.

I invite you to take part in this activity by responding to the following statements/questions in a blog post. Write as much or as little as you want. Once you have done so please share your post's link in a comment on this post or to me via social media. I will, in due course post a list of links to your contributions on this blog.

Remember to accentuate the positive - please delete the statements that are not relevant to your situation.

1.  An elusive ancestor I found was

2.  A precious family photo I found was

3.  An ancestor's grave I found was

4.  An important vital record I found was

5.  A newly found family member who shared

6.  A geneasurprise I received was

7.   My 2013 blog post that I was particularly proud of was

8.   My 2013 blog post that received a large number of hits or comments was

9.  A new piece of software I mastered was

10. A social media tool I enjoyed using for genealogy was

11. A genealogy conference/seminar/webinar from which I learnt something new was

12. I am proud of the presentation I gave at/to

13. A journal/magazine article I had published was

14. I taught a friend how to

15. A genealogy book that taught me something new was

16. A great repository/archive/library I visited was

17. A new genealogy/history book I enjoyed was

18. It was exciting to finally meet

19. A geneadventure I enjoyed was

20. Another positive I would like to share is


Caitlin Gow said...

Here's mine!

Kylie Willison said...

After tonight's Hangout I was all enthused to do this meme. Here is my blog post.

Jill Ball said...

Kylie, that is so sweet. I am thrilled that the Hangout enthused you. I'll read your post tomorrow as it's way past my bedtime

Vanessa Meachen said...

I'm a very new geneablogger, but here's mine!

Shelley Crawford said...

This is a great meme. I hope lots of people take part. I'm accentuating the positive. :-)

Maureen Trotter said...

You set us quite a challenge Jill. Here is my response to most of the sections:

Sharon Muffett said...

And Mine :)

Sherie Curran said...

Here's mine - it's a 2-parter:

NikiMarie said...

Here's mine! Thank you for posting this :)

Jill Ball said...

Thanks everyone fro your responses. I have posted a list of links at

Shauna Hicks said...

Just finished my list - here is the link
thanks Jill for another stimulating challenge!

Anne Young said...

Hi Jill - What a great idea to look back and think about what has been achieved. I enjoyed the prompts - thank you



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...