Thursday, August 9, 2012

One small step....

......on the road to becoming a genealogist?

Like many ageing genealogists I despair of what might happen to all my precious files, certificates and photos when I pass on.

A photo posted on Facebook earlier today has given me some hope.

The Blazer
My daughter has demonstrated a nostalgic tendency by posting this image of her old school blazer and some other photos of treasures on Facebook and Instagram. I left this comment on her photo " The first step on the road to becoming a genealogy junkie is reminiscing about old things and days gone by."

If I remember correctly I was her age when I started dabbling in genealogy. I do hope she has the genealogy gene.

PS. Daughter, if you read this - please don't dispose of the Blazer.


5 comments:

A O'Brien said...

In my case the genealogy gene was definitely passed from mother to daughter. Having two generations of genealogy enthusiasts is always a help :) I hope your daughter discovers how fun genealogy is.

Joan said...

I smile --- and hope--for me too.

Cassmob (Pauleen) said...

You'll know if she's hooked when she starts reading your posts regularly:-)

Unknown said...

Don't fear mum! the blazer is cleaned and aired and ready to be put away for another 10 years or so! your daughter xx

Unknown said...

Don't fear mum! the blazer is cleaned and aired and ready to be put away for another 10 years or so! your daughter xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...