Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Illuminating Blogger Award

Thanks to Australian Blogger, Kerryn from Ancestor Chaser,  I have been nominated for the Illuminating Blogger Award.

In her nomination Kerryn said:
"Geniaus - Jill's energy and passion for technology relating to genealogy is inspirational.  She shares a wealth of knowledge both in her blogs and her live tweets from genealogy events."


It's words like these that make one's efforts seem worthwhile. Kerryn,  I am humbled by your nomination. Blogging is something I enjoy and would do even if no-one read my posts, however, to be recognised by a peer puts some very sweet icing on the blogging cake.

As a condition of accepting this award I am able to nominate six blogs. Although they are worthy of an award I will not nominate those blogs that I know have been already nominated - I want to spread the love. So here goes (in abc order):

Desperately Seeking Surnames - Jenna Mills hails from Kansas City, Missouri. Jenna's genealogy blog has international appeal as she writes about issues that affect us all. I appreciate Jenna's candour; in her comments on issues she displays common sense; that Jenna is not afraid to put her point of view forward is to be commended.

Diary of an Australian Genealogist - Shauna Hicks lectures, writes, and blogs about genealogy in Australia. In her journal style blog she shares stories of her daily life and genealogy journeys, her friendly style makes one feel that Shauna is writing a chatty letter to the individual reader.

Genealogists for Families Project BlogWe care about families (past, present and future) Team leader and blogger, Judy, is an inspiration as she encourages genealogists to reach out and help families in third world countries with micro loans. Judy's enthusiasm for this project and her personal generosity know no bounds.


Librarians are Go - I have known Teacher-Librarian, Stacey for many years. Since I retired from schools I have been able to monitor her progress via Social Media. Stacey, who is a leader in her field (where there some stodgy people), is an inspiration; she shares her journey through thoughtful posts on her blog.

LoneTester HQ - Alona, is a young, enthusiastic blogger from South Australia who brought a youthful freshness to blogging. She deserves this nomination the effort she has put into setting up and curating the Family History through the Alphabet Challenge.

A Pocket Full of Family Memories - In her blog Deb posts long, thoughtful and well-researched stories that are illustrated with fanstastic photos. Deb is a master storyteller.

Post Script It seems as though I forgot to share one random thing about myself.
I collect chickens: I have many china chickens, chicken dinner sets, chicken towels, aprons, placemats, coasters, soft toys, hats, serving utensils etc. I even have a chicken coop with live chickens who produce lovely fresh eggs for the family.

If you are nominated then you have been awarded the Illuminating Blogger Award. Just follow the steps below:
  1. The nominee should visit the award site (http://foodstoriesblog.com/illuminating-blogger-award/) and leave a comment indicating that they have been nominated and by whom. (This step is so important because it’s the only way that we can create a blogroll of award winners).
  2. The Nominee should thank the person that nominated them by posting & including a link to their blog.
  3. The Nominee should include a courtesy link back to the official award site (http://foodstoriesblog.com/illuminating-blogger-award/) in their blog post.
  4. Share one random thing about yourself in your blog post.
  5. Select at least five other bloggers that you enjoy reading their illuminating, informative posts and nominate them for the award. Many people indicate that they wish they could nominate more so please feel free to nominate all your favorites.
  6. Notify your nominees by leaving a comment on their blog, including a link to the award site (http://foodstoriesblog.com/illuminating-blogger-award/).

9 comments:

Cassmob (Pauleen) said...

Well deserved Jill for all you do for Australian geneabloggers! But you forgot to tell us a new fact about yourself ;-)

Judy Webster said...

Congratulations Jill, and thank you for the nomination. I will follow up on this as soon as possible. After a dreadful week with two deaths in the family and two lesser tragedies, I am really struggling. How am I ever going to be ready to catch a plane on Thursday?! Social media will be taking a back seat for a while. Right now (just before midnight) I'm heading for bed. Tomorrow is going to be another long day.

Fi said...

Congrats and well deserved. Just one small thing,I believe we, your devoted readers, are owed one random fact.

Sharon said...

Well Done Jill. I always learn something from your blogs.

Jennifer Jones said...

Jill, I have also nominated you for the Illuminating Blogger Award (http://foodstoriesblog.com/illuminating-blogger-award/).

GeniAus said...

@Pauleen and @Fi
I have paid up - one random fact has been added as a Postscript

Celia Lewis said...

Well-deserved, Jill - we'll have to start calling you a "smart chick!"

Cassmob (Pauleen) said...

Thanks Jill for the PS. Chickens everywhere -you'd get on well with my friend who shares a similar interest...except in her husband's live chicken coop.

Jenna said...

Thank you so much Jill! Somehow I just now noticed the comment on my blog that you left regarding this. I appreciate the nomination.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...