Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Early learning for Aussie Genealogists

Thanks to a blog post and tweet from Thomas MacEntee that I read this morning I learnt of a free webinar, Google for Genealogists, being hosted by Legacy Family Trees . 

As this event is scheduled for 6:00am on Thursday 6th January Sydney time - it is relatively accessible to people in our Eastern States.

I think that I am a fairly competent Google user but am always keen to hear what others have to say about the plethora of products under the Google banner and how they can be used effectively for genealogy. I haven't heard Thomas speak, I've only heard him sing, but I gauge from his online presence that he will be an engaging and knowledgeable presenter.


Australian genealogist, Shauna Hicks, and I have registered for this event. If you can be up by 5:30 am to get organised why not join us for some pre-dawn personal development?

3 comments:

Sandra said...

This sounds good except I'll be on my way to work at that time. I'd rather not be going to work!! Work Interupts my time when it comes to my family history.

Thomas MacEntee said...

Oh my - thanks for the reminder about that horrid video of me singing! Going to YouTube right now to delete . . . .

GeniAus said...

You can't do that, Thomas, it's a modern classic.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...