Sunday, November 28, 2010

A hippopotamus or two front teeth?

With less than four weeks to go to Christmas we are being bombarded by Christmas music in shopping centres and public places. Hearing "I want a hippopotamus for Christmas" and "All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth" has prompted me to think about suitable gifts for the genealogist or family historian. Family members complain that I am hard to buy for; I think that it is easy to find a gift for me.

I am wondering what is on the gift list of other genealogists this year and am hoping that some of you will share, via your blogs, the top six items on your wishlist.

My top six are:

* An Android tablet (just hope that the Dell model comes to Australia before Christmas)
* A large supply of  acidfree A4 plastic sleeves in which to store my documents
* Clear copies of birth, baptismal and marriage certificates from family members
* Labelled copies of any old family photos that relations have stashed away in boxes
* Subscriptions to genealogy magazines from England, Scotland and Australia
* A scanner with a sheet feeder so that I can make short work of scanning all of  my documents

What's on your wishlist?

1 comment:

Kylie Willison said...

I definitely agree on the subscription to Australian, Scottish & English genealogy mags. I'd also like subscriptions or credits to Find My Past and Scotland's People.

Hope you get what's on your list!!
Kylie :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...