Friday, June 11, 2010

Sisters by the Sea

In last years Annual Swimsuit edition post I shared a photo of myself on a family holiday at Ettalong, NSW. For this year's offering for the 95th EDITION OF THE Carnival Of Genealogy I am going back to the scene of many happy family holidays and posting a photo of myself with my mother, aunts and a close family friend.

In her teens and early years Mum,her four sisters and Roma, the family friend pictured, lived in Kensington with my maternal grandparents. As my grandmother also had a couple of male boarders it must have been pretty crowded in their four bedroom home. From photos in the family album I see that trips to beaches around Sydney figured prominently in their social lives. Once they were married they carried on the tradition of trips to the beach with shared family holidays in January to Ettalong and later Port Macquarie.

In the photo below taken in January, 1956 are (L-R) Eileen Duncan, Mary Duncan, Lillian Duncan, Geniaus, Elsie Duncan and Roma Hambly posing at Ettalong Beach. As an only child I relished the family time shared on these holidays.


4 comments:

Nancy said...

How fun to see their swimsuit styles. It's so good to have family memories like these.

Miriam Robbins said...

What a fun group shot!

Nancy said...

I love your haircut!

FranE said...

You enjoyment of the moment shows in your face. The scene show how women back in that time were worried about even tans. The straps down to even the shoulders out. Good picture.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...