Friday, June 25, 2010

Flatline antidote

Thanks to Amy Coffin of We Tree for her positive reinforcement in her comment on my Flatline on the blog post and letting me know that she reads my blog via RSS. My son also called on his Grandpa's birthday after he read my Happy Birthday, Dad Post . I suspect that I have other readers so why the flatline???

This morning I decided to find a solution to my problem by checking the Blogger help pages and some user forums.  Surprise, Surprise:  I found my answer in about five minutes of searching. I applied the remedy and now have to wait for around 24 hours to see if the antidote worked.

Around ten days ago I changed my blog template to one with more columns. With this change I lost any modifications I had made to the old template so I faithfully added most of these to the new template.  The source code for Google Analytics is a bit of a sleeper that I had overlooked. Once seen and applied its  forgotten but it's an important piece of code. Without this code data about visits to my site cannot be recorded. The code has been now installed as per directions.

Dear Readers, if you happen across this post today via RSS, would you mind visiting the actual blog site please so that I can verify that I have the code correctly installed.

2 comments:

GeniAus said...

Thanks, Brian

Amy Coffin, MLIS said...

Ah-ha! Glad you found the culprit!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...