Friday, January 16, 2009

Hornsby Library Online Photograph Collection

I was recently complaining to a friend that my local library at Hornsby did not have a collection of photographs. Aghast my friend stated that the library certainly had such a collection so I did some searching and found, in the library catalogue, an option to search the Local Studies Photo Collection.

Information on the library site stated "Hundreds of local historical photographs can be viewed directly from the Library catalogue. Enter your search words and select the format "Photographs" in the Optional Search Filter."

Although the collection appears to be small I was delighted to find, by searching for our surname, two photographs of a family member; a placename search for Arcadia delivered one photograph of a rural subdivision that showed family lands in 1901.

Thanks Hornsby Library for providing this valuable local resource that I hope will grow over time

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...