Friday, November 7, 2008

The Master Genealogist

After using a couple of other programs to record my family history I moved to The Master Genealogist by Wholly Genes software around 1997. I have regularly upgraded the program and am now using version 7.03. The program is quite intuitive and easy to use out of the box. I have still not fully explored all of its functions but am pleased that, when I want to do something new, I have a powerful product that will probably do the job for me.

There is is plenty of online help for users. Wholly Genes sponsors user forums and Rootsweb hosts a mailing list. There are a number of user groups including one in Sydney that meets at The Society of Australian Genealogists and has an online Yahoo group. In the future I hope to join one of the annual genealogy cruises hosted by Wholly Genes.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...